What can therapy do for you?
Therapy can be an amazing way to change your life.
It’s empowering and natural and can give you control over your own mind and resources.
Why Choose Therapy?
Most people, when they feel unwell, will visit their local doctor for a diagnosis. We all know the procedure – if we have a broken bone, we might need an x-ray or perhaps we need antibiotics or other medications in order to feel better. To have these free resources in this country is wonderful and it’s a service we often take for granted. In the early 1900s we wouldn’t have had this availability and most people were too poor to even consider sending for the doctor.
When it’s not the body, but the mind that needs fixing, however, it can seem as if our options are limited. Doctors can offer pharmaceutical or psychiatric help, but that might not be our only answer.
We hear every day how the NHS is struggling to cope under an ever-increasing burden – the fact is, it was never designed to operate in the way that it does now.
Complementary therapies, such as hypnotherapy, work alongside your medical practitioners to give you a more holistic approach to your health. If you are suffering from a medical condition, such as depression or addiction to strong drugs, then it will be necessary to seek medical advice too.
Working with a complementary therapist can give you much more scope, allowing you to make further choices and decisions about your own welfare.
Your mental health is vital to your wellbeing and happiness, it’s therefore only right that you find the solutions you need in order to feel better.
- When you seek therapy you are taking responsibility for your own health.
- You can enjoy dedicated time with your therapist, who can give you undivided attention for the period of your session.
- You can recognise that drugs such as anti-depressants do not solve your problems, only mask the symptoms.
- Working consistently with your therapist towards a robust mental attitude will empower you.
- Your mental health affects your enjoyment of everything else in your life.
If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed – David Viscott