BWRT - BrainWorking Recursive Therapy
Hinckley and Worldwide!
What is BWRT?
BWRT is a new therapy that is just coming into the spotlight for all the right reasons. To start with, it deals with problems exceptionally quickly. If you think back to the days of Freud, therapy involved lying on the couch every week for years. Past memories would be regurgitated and feasted upon, picked apart, dissected and analysed. What’s more, it could be argued that this intense scrutiny of our problems didn’t actually help matters but only served to make us feel worse.
You will be pleased to know that BWRT is nothing like that. Although it does address the significant issues, these are quickly transformed into regular kinds of memories, without the strong feelings that used to be associated with them. It’s almost like magic in the way that it seems to drain all the fear, anxiety or distress from situations.
Of course, no therapy works 100% of the time for 100% of the people, but in my experience this therapy works for the majority of people most of the time, and either eliminates or significantly reduces the emotions that are getting in the way of them leading normal, happy and fulfilling lives.
Because BWRT can often create immediate change in just one session, it’s easy to see why more and more people are turning to this type of therapy. The chance to find freedom from our problems for such a small investment is astounding, and one that is changing the face of therapy as we know it.
More about BWRT
BWRT is short for BrainWorking Recursive Therapy. It is a modern therapy that has a valid neuro-scientific foundation. One of the first questions many of my BWRT clients ask me is, “what happens in a BWRT session?” That is the golden question and one which is never answered but only experienced! There’s a good reason for this, and it’s all about how the neural pathways in our brains generalise what we think we know.
When we experience anything in life, we automatically make judgements about it. We gain understanding and knowledge and this feeds into our model of the world. Some of our experiences will be valid and helpful to us, which means that we can feel productive, happy and successful. However, sometimes events occur that can distress us or make us feel anxious, fearful, upset or angry. BWRT recognises that all our reactions to everything that we experience relies on what we have already seen, heard, done, discovered or otherwise engaged with. Therefore, through BWRT we can work to change these old patterns so that new neural pathways are formed. Neural pathways are the nerve cells in the brain that transmit and receive information – it’s how we make sense of the world that we live in. When we change these neural pathways through the BWRT process then our thinking changes too.. It does this because we are no longer activating old memories and reactions but instead have created new, more positive outcomes. BWRT is a type of psychotherapy and can be a very quick way to help people overcome strong emotional feelings.
- BWRT® works in a way that greatly reduces, or eliminates entirely, the negative response we might feel surrounding past events in our life. These events could be relating to any trauma or upset and, in fact, anything that causes us a problem can be changed by this method of working.
- ‘BWRT® stands for ‘BrainWorking Recursive Therapy’™, a model of psychology and psychotherapy created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. Unlike many other modern therapies, it allows a ‘core of privacy‘™ so that you do not have to divulge anything you would rather not talk about. In fact, the practitioner only needs to know how you feel and how you would prefer to feel instead. BWRT® is a completely new and different therapy based on the latest discoveries about the way the brain works and how it affects our moods, behaviour and emotions.
- Only Certified Practitioners have been trained to deliver BWRT® and all have to adhere to a strict ethical code. You can find out more at http://www.bwrt.org.
BWRT Practitioner based in Hinckley, Leicestershire
I am an advanced BWRT Practitioner and can help you with many different conditions or problems. For instance, if you are fearful of any situation, such as fear of flying or fear of driving, or fear of spiders, then BWRT may be able to quickly change the way that you feel.
To clarify, the process itself works by actually changing the way the neural pathways in the brain work together so that old associations, eg “spiders = terror”, are replaced by new ones like “spiders = okay” and because it works before conscious awareness of a problem takes place, once the new ways of thinking are in place then it just feels totally natural. Many clients walk out of my therapy room feeling amazed at the changes that have taken place in such a short space of time.
Listed below are some areas that BWRT® can help with:
BWRT Level One
- All types of Performance Anxiety
- Commitment Anxiety
- Exam anxiety
- Fear of Authority
- Fear of failure
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Panic attacks
- Relationship Issues
- Self Worth/Self-Confidence Issues
- Social Phobias
- Success Inhibition
BWRT Level Two
- Binge eating and drinking
- Eating disorders
- Porn addiction
- Post natal depression
- Sexual obsession / addiction
- Substance Abuse